Two Stars

Data Integration Intallation Problems on x64 Windows 7

I am also getting the same issue. 

I am trying to install Talend data integration software, and it fails. It writes the following issue to the log (and about 500 KB more just like it):

Update: I also posted the full error log to Pastebin.

!SESSION 2017-10-19 06:41:34.981 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=9.0.1
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx 4 0 2017-10-19 06:42:04.725
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.macosx [326]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: eclipse.platform; filter:="(osgi.os=macosx)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

I am on a 64-bit machine, and have the 64-bit JRE installed I believe. Environment variable

JRE_HOME and PATH have the correct paths to the JRE.

JRE_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jre-9.0.1

I know that log has MacOS X stuff in it ... but I am clicking the correct `.exe`:

L75Dj

I can’t figure out what to try next based on the log. Any ideas?

1 REPLY

Re: Data Integration Intallation Problems on x64 Windows 7

Hi,

Are you using Java 9? Does this issue repro on Java 8?

Could you please take a look at this online document about TalendHelpCenter:Java?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.