I have installed Talend latest version. when i'm configuring the TAC. its sending me error for DB connection.
I have cleared the temp and work folder in tomcat-apache folder it got worked for the first time and then after sometime its getting disconnecting.
Try changing the URL field with the IP address of your MySQL server instead of using localhost.
In addition, try configuring the TAC db connection to indicate to MySQL server that
it is a non SSL connection to be established between the TAC and MySQL server.
To implement this solution, the "useSSL" property set to "false" is passed via MySQL JDBC connect string.
Against this specific issue, just replace the TAC Database parameter Url value
by this value :
Please don't forget to kudo and accept as resolution if this resolves the issue.
@jhackworth: Thank you for the reply, I have tried replacing the localhost with IP address but its still the same. i'm facing the below error
ERROR: Cannot connect to database (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)
Have you tried to modify 'wait_timeout' in your MySql DB to see if it works?
Hello Rajesh Reddy,
have you tried to place the mysql-connector-java.jar file in "<Tomcat_Directory>\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\lib"?
I am facing the same issue for Talend Data Fabric 7.0.1 version.
I am using "mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.25, for Linux (x86_64)". I did place mysql java connector file in apache-tomcat/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib folder. Tried changing the connection string with FQDN, IP address and also by adding ?useSSL=false at the end of the connection string, still get the same error message. (Cannot connect to database (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.))
Any help would be appreciated.
I was facing the same issue on Talend Data Fabric 7.0.1 trying to connect to MySQL 8.0.15 on localhost.
Adding ?useSSL=false to the connection string solved the problem with no need to change localhost to the host IP.
Thank you @jhackworth
Thank you for the suggestions. I did try your first suggestion before I posted to this forum. I just tried your REPLACE method and the editor complains about the syntax and throws an error. I will open up a TAC case and see what happens. Will update the thread if TAC or I come up with a solution.
Feel free to let us know if there is no response about your issue.
Please post your support case id and I will escalate this to the support team.
Watch the recorded webinar!
Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach
Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.
Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.