Context environnement in Talend Cloud

Highlighted
Six Stars

Context environnement in Talend Cloud

Hy,

I'm currently searching information about the Talend Cloud solution, and I have a question about the "context environnement".

When we create a context group in the Studio, we can define "environnement" in it, that we can chose when we execute the job in the Studio, or when we publish it with the Talend Enteprise.

In Talend Cloud, when we choose "Publish to Cloud", there isn't the possibility to select this "context environnement". Is it possible de choose the desired "context environnement" in the TMC, by creating "TMC Environnement" with the same name ?

There is no information about it in the Helper, only this page in the community ( https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Talend-Cloud-Contextualization/ta-p/139077 ), but the screenshots are not up to date, so I don't know if it still works.

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Context environnement in Talend Cloud

Francois,

I stumbled on this thread trying to figure out how to select which context to use myself since we're looking to transition from on-prem to cloud.

From everything I can tell, the context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

I think that's kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this online documentation helps?

https://help.talend.com/reader/v8tAQEmbr4e58zv_BB3Myg/hqDoSiUeEFiMTzs9hJe~9w

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello. I may don't understand english well enough, but I don't find an explicite reference of that I'm asking in this documentation.

The only one I found was the link I post above, but as the interface has change and that the official documentation does'nt seem to talk about it, I not sure of if it works. I don't have the solution to test it in real condition, the Cloud trial version does not allow to connect the Studio).

Nobody here can confirm (or invalidate) if context group name as environement name works between Talend Studio and Talend Management Console ?

Five Stars

Francois,

I stumbled on this thread trying to figure out how to select which context to use myself since we're looking to transition from on-prem to cloud.

From everything I can tell, the context that gets used is based strictly on the name of the environment in TMC (and goes to the default if the environment doesn't match any of the contexts).

I think that's kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

Six Stars

Thanks for your reply.

One Star

Thanks foor sharing :-)

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Developer Series – Updating Context Variables

This video will show you how to add context parameters to a job in Talend Cloud

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Developer Series – Deploying First Job to Cloud

This video will show you how to run a job in Studio and then publish that job to Talend Cloud

Watch Now

Talend Cloud Developer Series – Fetching Studio License

This video will help someone new to using Talend Studio get started by connecting to Talend Cloud and fetching the Studio License

Watch Now