One Star

Connections to remote databases not possible

Hi,
downloaded Talend Open Studio 6.0.1. Installation went fine, configured environment and started to create connections.
I try to connect to an MS SQL Server 2005.

TCP IP is enabled
SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode is enabled
Remote connections are allowed

It works fine using "localhost" in the connection url connecting to a local MS SQL installation on the same machine. And it works for both,  JDBC and MS SQL (jtds) connections.

As soon, as I change "localhost" to a servername or an IP-address, I get the error message: "Login timed out". This behaviour is the same for JDBC and MS SQL (jtds) connections. This makes it impossible for me to connect to a database on a remote server.
Would be great, if someone faced the same problem and can provide a solution.
Thank you!
12 REPLIES

Re: Connections to remote databases not possible

Hi NurDerHSV,
Can you conenct to your MS SQL DB successfully by client without using Talend Tool? Did you set up your DB connection in metadata or just use tMSSqlXXX component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have no problems connecting with a client to the MS SQL DB. This works with MS SQL Management Studio, but also with a Java programm using JDBC or other tools using ODBC. And I set up the connection in TOS > Metadata > Db Connections > right click > create connection.
Kind regards,
Bernd

Hi Bernd,
Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind showing us your screenshot of DB connection on metadata? What does the whole error message look like?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Sure, please find attached the corresponding screenshots. You will find a set for MS SQL and a set for JDBC.
Kind regards,
Bernd
TOS_Con.zip_20150925-0824.zip
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have been able to identify the root cause. To enable TOS to connect to the internet (Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections), I had to enter proxy entries and switch "Active Provider" to "Manual". If I switch the settings back to "Native" it works, I can connect to all servers and databases.
But using these default settings disables TOS to check for updates or I have to check periodically by changing the settings. I tried to add the servers, I want to connect to, to "proxy bypass", but then I still have the connection problems. This only seems to work for localhost.
Kind regards,
Bernd
One Star

I have exactly the same problem here!
Proxy Bypass list does not work...

Hi Richelle Simon,
On which talend build version you got this issue? Can you successfully download external jar file in studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi All,
Can any1 solve my query.
i want to read 80 million record from mysql and write into mysql.
But after 20 million reads it gave me could not create connection error.
2016-06-10 03:07:25;aAtDjY;kC202j;kC202j;BIOWISE_ETL_JOB;BW_Dbnsfp_SNP_Job_0;Default;6;Java Exception;tMysqlInput_1;com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException:Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.;1
can any1 ll provide solution for this?
Regards,
Anand Yadav

Hi Anand Yadav,
Have you tried to check out "Die on error" option on tMySqlOutput component to see if there is any more error message printed on console?(such as, outofmemory...)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi xdshi,
Thank u so much for ur reply.
i got same error after check out "Die on error" option.
is there any limitaion of open source studio that it will not read and write  more than 24 million row in mysql.
It happen 4 to 5 times that job is stoped after reading out 20 to 24 millions record.
==>> tMysqlInput -- tMap -- tMysqlSCD
Is there any solution to read and write 80 million row in Talend open studio.
I am using Talend 5.4 open studio.
please respond.
Thanks and Regards,
Anand Yadav

Hi,
There is no limitation for loading 24 million row in mysql.
Are you using tmysqlSCD component in your work flow? Have you tried to use tmysqloutput component instead to see if it works?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you for ur reply xdshi, It work fine with tMysqlOutput but as our requirement is to maintain version control.
So can  tMysqlSCD have any feature to load 80 million rows?
Regards,
Anand Yadav