Connect to S3 - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Four Stars

Connect to S3 - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Hi there,

I have a problem installing Talend Open Studio DI 7.0.1 on a windows server in the AWS cloud, where I have no access to the internet or just to say almost no access. I have downloaded the needed jar files for S3 and I just wanted to test it with the tS3Connect component. In the Modules View everything seems to be okay and the component itself doesn't give any errors.

Just when I try to run it, I get back an error  saying "com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type". I have installed JDK 1.8.0_171. I have added to be sure "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_171\bin;" to the Path variable. For the S3Connection component everything seems to be installed, including "com.amazonaws/aws-java-sdk/1.11.269/jar".

I have installed the same version on my Mac with full internet access and there I have no problem of course.

Does anyone know how to handle so that Talend Open Studio can see the com.amazonaws parts, when you have very limited access to the internet?

Regards,

Patrick

Re: Connect to S3 - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Hello,

Did you re-start the Talend studio after adding "com.amazonaws/aws-java-sdk/1.11.269/jar"?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: Connect to S3 - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Hi Sabrina,

Yes I did.

In the Modules view it says installed, but it seems that it isn't picking it up. I installed the needed Modules using the Modules View and using the three dots on the right side of the URI. Then pointed it to the place where I copied the JARs.

Regards,

Patrick