Configure to use a JVM

One Star

Configure to use a JVM

Greetings,
I'm running on a 64-bit Win 7 platform with both Java 7 & 8 installed. As I don't want to change the default JAVA_HOME to point to Java 7, I need to configure Open Studio (64-bit) so that it points to the Java 7 installation upon start up. The documentation isn't clear as to what file to use. I don't want to set the default eclipse installation to the Java 7 environment so I want a solution (.ini file?) that only points Talend to the Java 7 installation.
Regards, 
David

Re: Configure to use a JVM

Hi,
Have you tried set -vm in TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini or TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file?
Such as:
  -vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7\bin\javaw.exe
It force talend studio to use JDK 7.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Sabrina,
First, in my configuration folder, I only have a config.ini file, not a TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file. Do I have to rename the config.ini file?
I've uploaded the config.ini file as config.ini.txt_20140814-1741.txt.
Are you also telling me that config.ini should become the file TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini and should be what I've uploaded as TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini.txt.txt ?
Regards,
David

Hi,
You don't have TOS_DI-win32-x86.ini or TOS_DI-win-x86_64.ini file located in your Talend Studio installation path?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

C:\Users\zki0j7e\Documents\jre7\bin\java.exe work . Please suggest. I don't have jdk on my system whereas have jre.

Hello,

Starting from verison 6.0, a JDK installation is required to build jobs instead of JRE.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello,

I have installe talend 7 on my computer and i configure jdk1.8.0_192 and jre1.8.0_192 in path.
my OS is Win 10.
i have this error when starting one job in this studio talend.
Please help me but i don't understand the origine error.