Configuration of Talend Adminstration Center through commandline

One Star

Configuration of Talend Adminstration Center through commandline

I was trying to automate a few processes and am interested in knowing if there is any way I can set all the configuration properties in TAC with out logging in through a browser. Maybe updating some config file or some tables on the h2 database.
We are using Talend Enterprise 5.3.1
Thanks
Aditya

Re: Configuration of Talend Adminstration Center through commandline

Hi,
You can edit Talend Administrator Center configuration.properties file which is located in<\apache-tomcat-Installation>\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\classes without logging in through a browser. Did you want to edit by auto?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Actually yes I want to auto edit. Maybe, through the script.
Specifically, I wanted to know how add the parameters for svn server. We have a case where the hostname of our svn is dynamic. Please let me know if adding the following parameters will work.
config.svn,config.svn.serverLocationUrl,http://hostname/svn,true
config.svn,config.svn.username,username,true
config.svn,config.svn.password,password,true
config.svn,config.svn.commitLogPattern,{0},true
I found these parameters by doing export parameters in the configuration page on the web console.
Thanks
Aditya

Hi,
We need make a investigation on your case and come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi aam_aadmi,
Actually yes I want to auto edit. Maybe, through the script.
Specifically, I wanted to know how add the parameters for svn server. We have a case where the hostname of our svn is dynamic. Please let me know if adding the following parameters will work.
config.svn,config.svn.serverLocationUrl,http://hostname/svn,true
config.svn,config.svn.username,username,true
config.svn,config.svn.password,password,true
config.svn,config.svn.commitLogPattern,{0},true
I found these parameters by doing export parameters in the configuration page on the web console.

Before 5.3.1 version, you can modify the configuration.properties but the format you shows is wrong. This is the format we use in the import/export configuration file.
The valid format is the one of a traditionnal *.properties file (the pair key=value), you can get some exemple in the file itself.
Hotplugging not possible: You need to stop tomcat, apply your modifications, restart tomcat.
From 5.3.1, there is a little difference. We moved most properties in DB, in the table CONFIGURATION. In this version, the SVN keys are hotplug-able. (Some other keys need a restart for technical reason).
Let me know is there any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks Sabrina.
I haven't been able to follow-up on this.
Which DB is this?? Is it the h2 database?? I am not able to see any table called configuration on it.
Thanks
Aditya

Hi,
It should be H2 database if you don't change the default one for TAC. You cannot find configuration table in your h2?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am checking the same h2 db. We setup everything using default configuration only.
I am,not to able to see any of those tables. I have logged in using tisadmin.
Some tables I am seeing are audit,brach,calendar,component etc.

Hi,
Could you please open a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can give a remote assistance to you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Seventeen Stars

If your SVN server name is changing over the time this could lead to a huge problem. Typically a change of the SVN server name must be reflected to the studios and the server name is also part of the project configuration.
Before you start investigating efforts in scripting the TAC you should try if a change of the SVN server in the TAC configuration has effect to the existing projects. My experiences are the existing projects will not recognize this change.
I suggest to add an fixed DNS name for the SVN server, everything else leads into a nightmare and you cannot be sure your developers can work in a reliable environment.
What causes your SVN server to have a new host alias ? This is very usual.