Component is missing Windows-->Perspective - Talend Big Data

Four Stars

Component is missing Windows-->Perspective - Talend Big Data

All,

I have recently installed Talend Open Studio for Big Data in my personal laptop.

https://community.talend.com/t5/What-s-new-and-announcements/Talend-Open-Studio-v-7-1-1-is-now-avail...

I have tried to create my first 'Hello World' custom component by using Windows->Preference->Component option.

But i didn't see 'Component' option under Windows->Preference menu. why it is missing ?

Re: Component is missing Windows-->Perspective - Talend Big Data

Hello,

Are you using javajet?

Below link provide the details for version 7.1 of Talend but please note that its in deprecated state.

https://help.talend.com/reader/ZPQP8werSqVqJEBzSFsDkQ/IezVqj82QqzNfApv7VXS5g

The link is also having details about new framework for custom components where we can create the component from a Component Kit instead of Javajet.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

i think javajet will be used by default. isn't it?

If not, how to identify?

I have installed 7.2 version and saw 'Component' option is missing in the menu. Do you mean it is deprecated in the latest version ? the 'talend.starter.toolkit' link or IntelliJ tool can only be used to create custom components.

I had Talend 6.3 BigData version at my office, there i can see 'component' option.

I have also created 'Hello World' component and saw 3 javajet files (main, begin ,end) , 1 png file, 1 xml file, 1 properties file ...i can see the same setup for other components too which are in plugins-->component-->localproviders

But.....

I used the starter kit and created a new component, but i didn't see the above template kind of files under that folder instead i saw lot of java files. Is that correct?

Confusing....

Hello,

Component designer is deprecated as per the release notes for 6.4/Summer 2017 Release. See https://help.talend.com/reader/uCysbjfyKZbxWfRj_OAB4w/iWkjCqiEcUwyIA9sshQxLg

It is still being used as many Talend components have been built using the Javajet framework.

New components and updated components in Talend are being built using  the component kit framework.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 3

Read about some useful Context Variable ideas