Cannot run Talend Studio on a Mac

Four Stars

Cannot run Talend Studio on a Mac

HI,

• I installed Talend Studio V7.0 onto my Mac High Sierra. I have JDK v9 installed already.
  • I downloaded the folder and copied the contents to a new folder on the desktop. 
  • Ran the "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine *" terminal commend in the new folder on my desktop. 
  • Talend Studio does not open, the log file has a "No Application id has been found" error message.

I tried this on two Macs and the same results - this is very frustrating!!!

All/Any help appreciated.

Re: Cannot run Talend Studio on a Mac

Hello,

We are not targeting oracle java 9 yet. Could you please use oralce java 8 instead to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hello,

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java Environments for v 7.0

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thanks for the information - I have installed Version 8, but still getting the same error!

Hello,

Have you already tried to add the previously defined JAVA_HOME variable to the Path environment variable?

• Example: <PathVariable>;%JAVA_HOME%\bin.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Hi,

I just installed this morning version 7.0.1 from the Talend Open Studio DI on my Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5. I did the following things just to make sure that it works.

To see which JDKs I had.

/usr/libexec/java_home -V

Output:

1.8.0_161, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home

1.8.0_152, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_152.jdk/Contents/Home

1.8.0_151, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_151`

And the last bit was changing the file info.plist in the directory TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents.

I have added the following as I wanted to use the 151 build.\\

<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>

This is now working for me, no hanging at startup or anything else until now. I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Patrick

Five Stars

Hi,

I thought I already replied yesterday. Okay, I installed a day ago Talend Open Studio DI 7.0.1 on my Mac, OS High Sierra 10.13.5.

I did the following things just to be sure that it works.

/usr/libexec/java_home -V

Matching Java Virtual Machines (3):

1.8.0_161, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk/Contents/Home

1.8.0_152, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_152.jdk/Contents/Home

1.8.0_151, x86_64: "Java SE 8" /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home

export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.8.0_151`

xattr -c in the directory of Talend Open Studio

And in the file info.plist in the directory TOS_DI-macosx-cocoa.app/Contents I have added the next line.

<string>-vm</string><string>/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_151.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java</string>

For me this works, no hanging or anything like it until now. I hope it helps you to.

Regards,

Patrick

Hello Patrick,

Your posts display perfectly in this topic. Could you please check it to see if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

It looks good now, thanks.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download