One Star

Cannot install extensions from Exchange

I'm pretty green, just starting to dabble with Talend hoping to abandon Informatica Cloud.  I have several simple jobs built out and am now trying to make use of the tGoogleAnalyticsInput extension.
I'm logged into the exchange, browse to the extension, click 'Install' and a status window pops up briefly and goes away.  I go into 'Downloaded Extensions' and see it listed, click 'Install' there and again a brief status window opens.   I open a job and search the Palette for 'google' and it does not show up.
I was able to download it separately and install it by supplying a folder in 'Window>Preferences>Talend>Components> 'User component folder', but ran into separate errors there (code viewer 'main' section empty for the component, author suggests installing through the exchange, so trying to fix that issue.)
I'm running:  Version: 6.0.0.20150702_1326
On both Win 7 and Win 8
I've restarted and tried this multiple times to no avail.  If utilizing the 'User Component Folder' is the only way to go that's fine, just thought it a curious problem.  
Screenshots attached, thanks!
-J
3 REPLIES

Re: Cannot install extensions from Exchange

Hi,
Have you already checked KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina,
I did attempt that, and it worked to install the component, but thought it odd that install didn't work through the exchange.  Also, installing it that route led to the other issue I mentioned, and the author suggests installing it through the exchange so was trying that.
Anyone else had issues installing through the exchange?
One Star

I'm having the exact same issue, and I tried with 5.5.2, 5.6.2, 6.0.0 and 6.1.0M2. It's not just the tGoogleAnalytics component, anything listed in the extension manager just pops out the download window and nothing happens. I'm on windows 10, jre 1.8. Unfortunately I couldn't find a downloadable version since on  all I see is "Use Talend Exchange view to install the component."