Can't launch the client after installing Talend ESB

Highlighted
Four Stars

Can't launch the client after installing Talend ESB

Hi all,

First post !

I'm trying to install Talend ESB (Runtime) and i'm stuck right from the start. I can't launch the client.

I'm running on Ubuntu : 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and jre  1.8.0_151-b12

I tried with the following version TOS_ESB-20171219_1109-V7.0.1M2.zip and TOS_ESB-20180116_1512-V6.5.1.zip, same issue.

Stat the runtime :

paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin$ rm -rf ../log/tesb.log 
paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin$ pwd
/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin
paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin$ ./start
paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin$ ps aux | grep java | grep ESB
1000     28122  115  1.4 5371540 178036 pts/8  Sl   09:42   0:10 /opt/java/jdk1.8.0_151/bin/java -server -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+UnsyncloadClass -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_151/jre/lib/endorsed:/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_151/lib/endorsed:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/endorsed -Djava.ext.dirs=/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_151/jre/lib/ext:/opt/java/jdk1.8.0_151/lib/ext:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/ext -Dkaraf.instances=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/instances -Dkaraf.home=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container -Dkaraf.base=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container -Dkaraf.data=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/data -Dkaraf.etc=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/etc -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/data/tmp -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/etc/java.util.logging.properties -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=false -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=true -classpath /opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/jna-4.4.0.jar:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/jna-platform-4.4.0.jar:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.diagnostic.boot-4.1.3.jar:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot-4.1.3.jar:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.main-4.1.3.jar:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/lib/boot/org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar org.apache.karaf.main.Main

The process seems to be listening

paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/data$ netstat -atunp | grep java
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:50370         :::*                    LISTEN      28122/java      
tcp6       0      0 :::48901                :::*                    LISTEN      28122/java      
paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/data$ cat port 

But when i run the client, i have the following error :

paracyber@inf70:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/bin$ ./client 
Logging in as tadmin
Failed to get the session.

As an attachment, the log files. I have some erreurs related to components to search on internet. Is that the problem ?

I am behing a proxy, so no direct connection. Is this mandatory ? If wo, where to configure the proxy for runtime and its authentication ?

Regards,

David

Re: Can't launch the client after installing Talend ESB

Hello,

Could you please have a look at this online Installation and Upgrade Guide for Linux about TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems

to see if you are on a compatible platform?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read