I recently upgraded from Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4 to Talend [...] 7.0. When I now try to build the same jobs (created with Talend 6.4), that I was able to build with 6.4, I get the following error:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors At least job "BD_LPSJ0011_SAP_ESB_StredaX_PERGAMON_Hadoop" has a compile errors, please fix and export again. Error Line: 25 Detail Message: The import routines.Numeric cannot be resolved There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
As the error message suggests, I have checked by Java configuration. It is exactly the same as in Talend 6.4:
I have checked the code view and, indeed, the error at the import stage is highlighted:
I have attached the full error stack.
No idea where to start. Does anyone have an idea where to look into or a solution?
btw: some other jobs can be built.
Thanks in advance!
Interesting behaviour: When I build the job for "all systems", the error occurs. When I build it only for unix systems, the job is built just fine.
Although my problem is solved, I still want to know what could cause this kind of behaviour? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Did you create a user routine in your job?
Have you tried to right-click on your user routine in the Repository and select "Edit Routine Libraries"?
Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job?
The problem indeed does replicate on all jobs. I will do further testing when I have a little bit more time. For the moment the best solution I have is to build the job only for Unix systems.
Thanks for your help!
We will appreciate it a lot if you could post your testing result on forum.
Unfortunately, I have had no time to do further research on this. I will let you know once I get to it, sorry.
I have done a bit of fiddling around. A was not able to reproduce the error in any way. It just orrurs from time to time.
1. Open Talend
2. Open Job design
3. Right-click on job --> build job
4. Set shell start script to "all"
--> error occurs. When I now try to build the job, it is always doomed to fail, no matter what settings I make.
5. Close Talend
6. Open Talend
7. Open Job design
8. Right-click on job --> build job
9. Set start shell script to "unix"
--> everything fine.
I will investigate further when I get to it again...
Thanks for your inputs and sharing it with us.