Four Stars

Big Data Integration trial version installation

Hello,

I'm new to Talend and perhaps couldn't find any previous post for this issue except one, which doesn't answer the issue completely. I'm trying to install the trial version of Big Data DI in KVM-Linux which is already hosting another DB server. The installation document says that Talend will restart automatically after the first startup, post the build of virtual environment.

The question now is,

- Can Talend be installed in a shared VM at all?

- Will the already existing DB server be retained or would the Talend virtual environment would overwrite it?

- The other post that I talked about says this "For one of my customers we have made several installations on the same machine but we created hard links for the most expensive folders like plugin to a common folder. This works well and reduce the footprint of these installations." which I found from the link - https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=43555. Is there a document that would explain the steps to be followed in case of Talend Linux Installation in shared VM?

Any help would be really appreciated.

• Talend Installer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Big Data Integration trial version installation

Hi
Are you talking about Talend Big Data sandbox? Talend Big Data sandbox is a virtual machine file, you need to download and install a virtual machine player such as VMWare or Virtualbox to play it.

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi
Are you talking about Talend Big Data sandbox? Talend Big Data sandbox is a virtual machine file, you need to download and install a virtual machine player such as VMWare or Virtualbox to play it.

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Thank you Shong. I got this addressed through the presales team.