Auto-synchronization from external jar between studio and nexus

One Star

Auto-synchronization from external jar between studio and nexus

Hello,
We are using "Talend Data Services Platform 6.2".
We want to use Nexus to storage the user libraries. We would like that the libraries are automatically upload to Nexus and that the studio automatically retrieve them from Nexus if they don't exist on local.
So, I follow the documentation:
And I also follow this ticket because we will need it works with CI.
To summarize, currently we have :

TAC with "User librairies" configured with Nexus
On local, the file configuration/config.ini has variables: nexus.url, nexus.lib.repo, nexus.user, nexus.password
I have a job with a tLibraryLoad, which using an external jar

This external jar is never uploaded to Nexus.
>> How to do for synchronize library to/from Nexus with studio ?

Thank you. 
Best regards,
Carole B.

Re: Auto-synchronization from external jar between studio and nexus

Hi,

Could you please follow up these steps to sync up these external libraries with commandline?

1: Open a remote project from studio (make sure that your SVN/ Nexus is running well at the same time)

2: Install your required external libraries by using Module view(Window-->Show View-->Talend-->Modules)

In this way, SVN/ Nexus will sync up your required external libraries automatically and then commandline will get them from .m2 repository to deploy your job.

Please take a look at my screenshots and let us know if it works.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
Thank you for the reply.
I've already try with those steps and the result is the same: there is no synchronization to Nexus. 
Can you confirm me that for the method using the view "Modules", I must click on "Import external jars" ? When I use it and refresh. I don't see my jar added. I have no error in the studio, but I have error in the log file in "{workspace}/.metadata/.log" :
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 2 0 2017-01-09 10:48:45.605

!MESSAGE 2017-01-09 10:48:45,604 WARN  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Missing module group definition: camel-kafka

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2017-01-09 10:48:46.983

!MESSAGE 2017-01-09 10:48:46,982 INFO  org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingFactory  - Using NULL lifecycle mapping for MavenProject: org.talend.master.etl_qa_test:code.Master:6.2.1 @ C:\Users\{me}\Documents\TALEND\6.2.1\workspace\.Java\pom.xml.
=> This log appear when I try to add the library by Modules view
Best regards,
Carole
One Star

Hello,
For information, my problem was due to the nexus url. To fix it, the url must not use "localhost" even if the nexus and tac are on the same host.
Regards.

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.