After moving workspace, plugin workspace still remains in original location

Four Stars

After moving workspace, plugin workspace still remains in original location

I thought this was interesting: I downloaded TOS on Mac, unzipped, and immediately fired up from right there in my ~/Downloads folder (that was my first mistake -- proper would have been to first move the unzipped folder and all its contents to ~/Applications on Mac, I think).  Once launched, of course it created the workspace right there as a subfolder.

I toyed a bit with a sample project, added some components, and successfully connected to Microsoft Access (w00t!) on my Mac (w00t!) without any additional anything outside of the Talend UI (w00t-w00t!).  Of course some new components/plugins had to be downloaded along the way.

I thought about changing things around, but when I saw that merely moving the whole thing to the ~/Applications, the default workspace was, nonetheless, still in ~/Downloads. I later did the proper "move workspace" in Preferences, and this worked to a degree.  Then, once I started setting up a new project (the same one.. had lost my earlier work in "the move"), I noticed a couple of the "ucanaccess_net" plugin folders had spawned in my ~/Downloads folder!

ucanaccess_net workspace folders-1.jpg

Any ideas what to do about this?  Or just ignore, count my lucky stars that Talend has matured so nicely over the past ~7 years, and move on?

Thanks!

-Bronius

Re: After moving workspace, plugin workspace still remains in original location

Hello,

What's your Operating System on Mac?High Sierra? Could you please indicate which talend build version you are using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: After moving workspace, plugin workspace still remains in original location

Thanks!

10.11.6 El Capitan

Talend Studio v6.5.1
Build Id (blank)