Five Stars

After installation Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4.1 does not start (CentOs 7)

After installing Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4.1. when Studio start and clicking for example on "start job" studio shuts down and does not start. When I start studio the manage connection window comes an studio shuts down, without error message. 

4 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: After installation Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4.1 does not start

The OS is Centos 7

Hello,

Have you already checked the error log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log to see if there is any more error message?

What's JDK version you are using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Dear Sabrina,

thanks for replying but it was a KDE issue. It seems that Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6.4.1 doesn't work with KDE desktop session. I have installed XFCE and now it works. I don't know whether it's working with GNOME, but with XFCE it works know. It would be very good when this issue would be mentioned in the installation guide. I've lost a lot of time, because it's not the first thing what comes to mind,that it can be a desktop session issue, when you are a non professional in Linux. Perhaps it's only a individual problem. But when it's a common problem, it would be helpful from Talend to mention this cleary anywhere.

Best regards

Yavuz

Hello,

Here is a jira issue about CentOS 7 KDE desktop:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-6612.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.