Seven Stars

AWS Redshift JDBC driver

hello everyone

AWS released new versions of Redshift JDBC driver.

I am using Talend DI and Talend ESB version 6.4.1 which do not use the most recent Redshift JDBC driver (in Modules I see Redshift JDBC 41 1.2.1.1006 used).

I have a Jar file JDBC 4.2 version 1.2.8.1005. 

AWS releases JDBC updates on regular basis. The same applies to PostgreSQL JDBC driver, btw, and Oracle and MS-SQL too.

So the question is generic;

Can I have some clear instructions on how to update the Talend 6.4.1 Redshift (and others) JDBC drivers to the latest versions?

I need the instructions for the ordinary DI Jobs and also for jobs invoked via Karaf Routes ESB.

I have found numerous posts on the topic of updating/installing Talend JDBC and found them either wrong (perhaps for earlier versions of Talend Studio?) or at least very confusing.

I am hopeful there is an existing article which apply to Talend 6.4.1 and has clear unambiguous instructions on installing new versions of JDBC drivers.

Thank you

1 REPLY

Re: AWS Redshift JDBC driver

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion. So far, we don't have any documentation or article about ' Update JDBC drivers to the latest versions'. We will make an investigation on it and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.