Seven Stars

AWS Redshift JDBC driver

hello everyone

AWS released new versions of Redshift JDBC driver.

I am using Talend DI and Talend ESB version 6.4.1 which do not use the most recent Redshift JDBC driver (in Modules I see Redshift JDBC 41 used).

I have a Jar file JDBC 4.2 version 

AWS releases JDBC updates on regular basis. The same applies to PostgreSQL JDBC driver, btw, and Oracle and MS-SQL too.

So the question is generic;

Can I have some clear instructions on how to update the Talend 6.4.1 Redshift (and others) JDBC drivers to the latest versions?

I need the instructions for the ordinary DI Jobs and also for jobs invoked via Karaf Routes ESB.

I have found numerous posts on the topic of updating/installing Talend JDBC and found them either wrong (perhaps for earlier versions of Talend Studio?) or at least very confusing.

I am hopeful there is an existing article which apply to Talend 6.4.1 and has clear unambiguous instructions on installing new versions of JDBC drivers.

Thank you

Re: AWS Redshift JDBC driver

Thanks for your suggestion. So far, we don't have any documentation or article about ' Update JDBC drivers to the latest versions'. We will make an investigation on it and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: AWS Redshift JDBC driver

Also need to know how does one update the Redshift jdbc jar version from Designer?