Six Stars

AMC database error

I have created an "amc" database along with the 3 tables using the attached DDL. I am able to create a new connection and the "check connection" option checks out - see screenshot. However, when I open the AMC page using this connection, I get a "failed to connect database" error. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for the help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: AMC database error

Thank you Thomas. I copied the MySQL-connector.jar and restarted tac and that fixed my issue.

Talend sure likes to overcomplicate things by not providing adequate documentation.

Can you please let me know where this bug tracker is located?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES

Hello, Are your AMC and TAC installed on the same host? How about your mysql DB? Best regards Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes, AMC and TAC are installed on the same host. The MySQL DB is running on Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS) on AWS.

We are using the same MySQL DB server for TAC, Audit, etc.

Hi,

Can you connect to your MySQL DB which is running on Amazon Relational Database Services (RDS) on AWS successfully through client without using talend tool?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Yes we can. That's how we created those 3 tables.

Six Stars

Hello radhikari,

I faced the same situation when I installed the new Talend Data Integration suite version 6.3.1 in our tomcat.

I found a solution for me in the Bugtracker in ticket TUP-16408. It helped to place the mysql-connector.jar file in the tomcat directory 'webapps\amc\WEB-INF\plugins\org.talend.amc.libraries_...\lib\ext'.

I hope it works for you too.

Best regards,

Thomas

Tags (1)
Six Stars

Thank you Thomas. I copied the MySQL-connector.jar and restarted tac and that fixed my issue.

Talend sure likes to overcomplicate things by not providing adequate documentation.

Can you please let me know where this bug tracker is located?

Thanks.

Six Stars

Hi radhikari,

there is a link to the Bugtracker on the start page of the Talend Community page, on the right hand side, white on blue.

Best regards,

Thomas

Hello,

Here is the jira issue link:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-16408

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--