Four Stars

AMC Database Error with Talend 6.4.1 and Postgres

Hi,

We have installed TAC and AMC on an AWS EC2 instance. We have set up a postgres RDS for capturing stats for AMC. The Talend Studio is able to load data into the database without any issues when jobs are run . We are also able to login into the RDS and look at the data. But we are facing issues while setting up this database on the AMC console. The connectivity checks are fine.But when we try use the new connection we set up for Monitoring DB under Job view we get errors.

This issue has been covered here:
https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Activity-Monitoring-Console-AMC-Failed-t...
We placed the driver  (postgresql-42.1.4.jar) in (/opt/Talend-6.4.1/tac/apache-tomcat/webapps/amc/WEB-INF/plugins/org.talend.amc.libraries_6.4.1.20170623_1246/lib/ext) and restarted TAC. but still get the error (as attached).

Is there anything else that needs to be set ? Any information will be helpful.

6 REPLIES

Re: AMC Database Error with Talend 6.4.1 and Postgres

Hi,

We would suggest you create a new case on talend support portal. In this way, our colleagues from support team will give you a remote assistance to see if there is any missing from your setting through support cycle with priority.

https://login.talend.com/support-login.php.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thanks Sabrina, we are working with Talend Account Manager to priorities this issue by raising a case.
Employee

Error message:
error: relation "amc.tstatcatcher" does not exist
position: 49

Maybe log into your db as the user you have set up for amc app and try:

> select * from "amc.tstatcatcher"

and see if you get anything back.

Maybe try other combinations as well. Like:

> select * from amc.tstatcatcher
> select * from tstatcatcher

Could be privileges, namespaces, or even letter case of table name.
Four Stars

Thanks for the response @psmith . We got through the last issue by specifying "public" as the Datasource name rather than the database name "amc".
We are now able to see the Jobs under the selected project. But when we select the meter log tab view, we get the error as shown below.

MeterLog_View.jpg

MeterLog View still has errorsMeterLog View still has errorsJObs Under Projects are visibleJObs Under Projects are visible

Four Stars

Thanks for the response . We got through the last issue by specifying "public" as the Datasource name rather than the database name "amc".
We are now able to see the Jobs under the selected project. But when we select the meter log tab view, we get the error as shown below.

MeterLog_View.jpg

MeterLog View still has errorsMeterLog View still has errorsJObs Under Projects are visibleJObs Under Projects are visible

Employee

kind of looks like a similar/related problem as the first.

'public' is one of the default schemas that postgres gives you. so that's (as you found out) what the 'Datasource' field is referring to.

so, your amc tables would need to be in there (as opposed to any other schema you might have created for this amc user/database/etc.).

you might make sure that your user can see that table. you can use the command-line tool, psql. in my case below, i have username 'postgres' and database named 'postgres' and my port is 5433 (I think i had another earlier version still running on 5432):

---------------------------------

> psql -U postgres -p 5433 postgres

(enter your password)

> select * from public.<yourlogtablename>

---------------------------------

if that comes back without an error, then the only thing i can think of is caching - both server/tac/tomcat and client/browser. to clear:

server: shut down tac, delete contents of apache-tomcat/temp/ folder, re-start tac

client: clear your browser cache (CTRL+SHIFT+R, etc.)

your postgres jdbc jar is prob already in place, so prob not that.