Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Twelve Stars

Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

May be it is well knowing issue, but I found just last week

tPostgreSQL and tCassandraInput do not affected by Schema (column family name) in component/connection settings

I never meet this before, because:

- in my environment both primary used as target database

- and for input I always use in query schema name

but when make tests, I found - both return error unless You not include schema name (column family name) in query text

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.41.29.png

Exception in component tCassandraInput_1 (DEMO_BigDataCassandra)
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: No keyspace has been specified. USE a keyspace, or explicitly specify keyspace.tablename
	at com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException.copy(InvalidQueryException.java:50)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.DriverThrowables.propagateCause(DriverThrowables.java:37)
	at com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.getUninterruptibly(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:245)

key space correct, if add it to query text - all start work (same with PostgreSQL)

P.S. there are nothing to ask - just need manually add schema/family name into SQL code
message just informative

-----------

Re: Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Hello,

We don't find a related jira issue on talend bug tracker.

Here exists a jira issue about cassandra metadata doesn't support for data viewer and it has been fixed on 6.1.2, 6.2.1

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-3086

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Twelve Stars

Re: Talend problem with tInput components using schema (tCassandraInput, tPostgreSQLInput)

Hi Sabrina,

sure - because I publish it here, tested on 6.4, 6.5, 7.01

it not a question, just information about problem and by-pass

-----------

Hello,

Shall we move your topic to How-Tos-and-Best-Practices board?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Twelve Stars

sure - this is not a best practice Smiley Happy
but of course we can relocate it

-----------