zip

One Star

zip

Hi,
How to make a gzip file in talend..
I have 10 files and it has to zip with gzip format is that possible in talend?
Five Stars

Re: zip

use tFileArchive file your job design should be like this
tFileList--tFileArchive
pass file name from tFileList to tFileArchive from goloble variable, and please refer Talend User guide for more information.

Hi,
Please see the related component references tFileArchive.
Unchecked the "All files" option, and you can set the Filemask for your specified files
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

hi,
thanks .. But problem is when i upload this gzip file into redshift we are not able to load into the amazon redshift database. so i am thinking there might be the problem with gzip which is not supporting equvalent to redshift

Hi,
I have never load .gzip file into DB. Perhaps you should take a consideration on field type or something else on DB. If the .gzip files are correct, I think the tFileArchive is alright.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am actually trying to do the same exact thing. Load a gzip file into s3 and then use RedShifts copy command along with its gzip feature to push the data into RedShift.
I have used tFileArchive to gzip the file and result in the following error:
Error : ERROR: Failed writing body (0 != 8645) Cause: Failed to inflateinvalid or incomplete deflate data. zlib error code: -3
I run into no issues when I use the command "gzip -c file.txt > file.gz" to gzip the file.
One Star

Hi,
If it is linux os there will be no problem but if i want to do it in windows how can i resolve my issue?
One Star

I suggest downloading a program that can perform gzip on windows and then execute the program using the cmd talend component.
Seventeen Stars

You can consider writing some code in a tJava. Java core library has a class to create GnuZip files.
Here an example:
http://www.xyzws.com/Javafaq/how-to-make-a-gzip-file-in-java/215
One Star

An error occurred when executing the SQL command:

ERROR: Failed writing body (0 != 8576) Cause: Failed to inflateinvalid or incomplete deflate data. zlib error code: -3
Detail:
-----------------------------------------------
error: Failed writing body (0 != 8576) Cause: Failed to inflateinvalid or incomplete deflate data. zlib error code: -3
code: 9001
context: S3 key being read : s3://file.txt.gz.007
query: 7947
process: query1_22
-----------------------------------------------
Execution time: 0.64s
1 statement(s) failed.
How to fix this issue?
Seventeen Stars

SQL?
My suggestion was to use the Java library in a tJava component. I have no clue what you are trying here?