which file or folder is need to run on another system in talend

One Star

which file or folder is need to run on another system in talend

Hi,
how to execute the job in another machine only exe file, which one is needed or which file is needed in talend open studio.
i was worked in microsoft etl tools ssis, .dtsx file is enough to execute the another system.
Regards,
Abdul Khadir.
Community Manager

Re: which file or folder is need to run on another system in talend

Exporting your job: this looks like what you'd like to do.
See if this information can help: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=How+to+export+Jobs&content-lang=en
One Star

Hi,
Following solution can be helpful to you in this case :
1) Right Click on Job from the repository panel, dialog box will appear
2) Select Export Job option from the the dialog box
3) Browse the location where you wanted to store this .zip file
4) Now the system where you want this job, copy this .zip file there
5) Extract the folder (all files) from this .zip file
6) This folder will consist of Executable jar file (.jar), Windows Batch file (.bat)
7) You can use above files to execute that job
8) If you wish you can also import the entire job by using import utility in Talend
9) For that you just need to Right Click on the Job Design Note on the Repository Panel
10) Select the Import Item option and follow the wizard by browsing the extracted job folder location
Let me know if you need any more information regarding the same.
Best Regards,
Mayur
One Star

Hi ,
thank you for your reply.
One Star

Hi,
i try to export the job some error comes. this is the error.

An error occured(job compile errors at least job "testing" has compile errors, please fix and export again) see log for more details.
log-->
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "Testing" has compile errors, please fix and export again.
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.JobErrorsChecker.checkExportErrors(JobErrorsChecker.java:158)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.checkExportProcess(DefaultRunProcessService.java:330)
at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.checkExportProcess(RunProcessService.java:266)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.exportJobScript(JobExportAction.java:202)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.action.JobExportAction.run(JobExportAction.java:122)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1008)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1534)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:118)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:811)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:430)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:593)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3046)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1916)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:602)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:127)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
Regards,
Abdul Khadir.

Hi,
org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorException: Job compile errors
At least job "Testing" has compile errors, please fix and export again.

From the error message, there are compile error in your "Testing" job so you cannot export your job successfully. We usually open the code tab and see if there has compile error. If the job has compile error, you are always required to fix the error and then execute your job. If the job works well without error, you can export it successfully.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi sabrina,
how to fix these errors. i dnt know about this error.

Hi,
As the error shows, there still exist compile error in the 'Testing' job, you must fix the error before exporting the job script. We usually open the "Code" tab and see which line has the error and what's the error message. (as my pics shown)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Before exporting, does your job compile/execute successfully without error or warnings? If not you should make sure that it should be error free before exporting your job.
And if your job is throwing some error while execution. Share that here it would good for us to analyze it.

Best Regards,
Mayur
One Star

I have a big question, some of my jobs use tFileOutput and I develop in Linux, but need to export the job to Windows.
I cannot compile the job with the correct Windows path? This use to be possible in version 5.0
How do you compile a job for a different OS environment?
using v5.2.2

Hi,
How did you export you jobs under your Linux system? Usually, you can compile your job under different system platform as long as there are JDK and java source(the job source).
First of all, you should export your job in your Linux system.
See the reference How to export Jobs.
Second, Paste the .zip file of your exported job into Window system.
At last, Import your .zip file into your talend studio under Window system
How to import items
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I am exporting in this way as an Autonomous Job.
When I removed the "windows path mapping" (D: /Myfolder/), and just left the file name. The job exported successfully. Then I put back the full path and file name (D: /MyFolder/MyWin_x64_job.zip), and the job exported successfully.
Guess I should have tried that first.
Thanks,

Hi,
If you use a directory (D: \Myfolder\) in the file path, the error window will pop up "Export destination must be a file, not a directory".
Best regards
Sabrina
--