Six Stars

what is the correct way to enable parallelization for XML extract?

parraellization.JPGpartition to departition.JPGI enabled the parallelization options on XML extract jobs that converts XML fields to pipe delimited text file. But it is causing data jumble. When I do partition and departition option jobs get stuck.

What is the correct way to set partition and departition? Could you please suggest. I am sharing the job screenshot below:

2 REPLIES

Re: what is the correct way to enable parallelization for XML extract?

Hello,

From your screenshot, you are using tExtractXMLField component in your work flow. Do you want to run synchronously your job for each XML file? Could you please elaborate your case with an example with input and expected output value?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: what is the correct way to enable parallelization for XML extract?

Hi Sabrina,

For the performance concern I am trying to use this parallelization option. I want extract to be performed parallel so that extract would be fast. The other combination that I tried gets jobs running fine but data jumble issue is there. Suppose timestamp column captures data only for timestamp normally or without this option the way I have in screenshot. May be there is something wrong with the option I selected as screenshot, I don't know but I am getting data jumbled up. Data that doesn't belong to timestamp column is populating to timestamp column which is wrong. Could you please let me know, what is the issue?