One Star

using tJava or tJavaFlex, is it possible to to produce a row data flow

Hi all,
I am using java to get a List containing data I would like to process in talend.
when using the tJava component, I can get and use the List fine. I want to produce an output out of the List in a way I can stream it to other components (such as aggregate for example) - but can't seem to find a way.
Is there any way I can loop data inside a java component and produce a data stream to other components?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: using tJava or tJavaFlex, is it possible to to produce a row data flow

hi,
you can add some variable by editing shema of your tjavaflex componenent and assign value in your code
row1.var = "some value";

hope it 'll help you
Employee

Hello,
1) with custom code
- there is no way to create a flow with tJava or tJavaRow.
- you must use a tJavaFlex to create tour custom flow, it's the first step to create your own Input component.
2) if your list is a String var you can use some Talend Component to produce flow.
use a tFlowFixedInput to generare one record with a column populate with your list, then a tDenormalize to create a flow of record with each list's item
Seventeen Stars

hi emenuet and Orr
interesting by generate flow from tJavaFlex from List - Map and other Collection , i've tried to produce what @Orr expected without good solution!
Can pass A list to a flow (tfixedflow + tDenormalize like your suggest @emenuet) ... but still got a flow of (depending List or Map)

or
{key=value,key=value, ...}

i can write it in a flat file and read it later with split and extract issues but not what expected.
So how use your way emenuet !?