using sceduler

One Star

using sceduler

Hi
Could anybody help me in understanding how the talend Scheduler works.I created a sample job and scedhuled it using the Talend Scheduler.But that jod didnot start at the time I mentioned..
thanks
Community Manager

Re: using sceduler

Hi
(1)You can download the user documenation to learn relevant part. Smiley Happy
(2)Please upload a screenshot of your scheduler setting.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star sid
One Star

Pls find the sceduler setting screen shot.Please see what's wrong with this.Do we need to specify the timezone or something??..It dint start on the specified time.I tried it just now
One Star

hi Sid
I think that the Talend Scheduler works with the Talend Integrationn Suite
however, you can use a tasks scheduler software to run your job Automatically( you can download the Solway's Task Scheduler from this URL : http://www.softforall.com/Utilities/System/Solways_Task_Scheduler09140208.htm)
Before using a task scheduler, you have to export your job(PJOL export for example) in order to use the generated .bat file situated in the .zip
i tryed this solution and it works correctly
have a good time
One Star

An example command that is run (this was generated by TOS):
C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_05/bin/java.exe -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/advancedPersistentLookupLib.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/commons-collections-3.2.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc12-8i.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc14-10g.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/workspace/.Java/classes;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java; talenddemosjava.copy_of_transfer_dbmap_spd_mth_prod_to_ppdm_0_1.Copy_of_Transfer_dbMap_SPD_MTH_PROD_to_PPDM --context=Default
One Star

A correction to above command is as per
?C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_05/bin/java.exe? -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/advancedPersistentLookupLib.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/commons-collections-3.2.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc12-8i.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc14-10g.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/workspace/.Java/classes;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java; talenddemosjava.copy_of_transfer_dbmap_spd_mth_prod_to_ppdm_0_1.Copy_of_Transfer_dbMap_SPD_MTH_PROD_to_PPDM --context=Default
I found that Talend has a schedule facility which generates a CRON type file (but doesn?t actually do the running of the scheduled task).
I found that I could use windows scheduler (with a startin directory of ?C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_05/bin/" not sure if this is important
This works fine but I have no idea if this is the best way ..
It is also possible to export the Talend process as Autonomous Job, Axis WebService (.WAR or ZIP), JBoss ESB.
Offers choice of Unix / Windows shell launcher ..
I haven?t worked out how to use these exported items once they are generated however ..
I tried running the bat file but got this message:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: talenddemosja
va/copy_of_transfer_dbmap_spd_mth_prod_to_ppdm_0_1/Copy_of_Transfer_dbMap_SPD_MT
H_PROD_to_PPDM (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
I'll try some other things .. Will post again if I work out what I'm doing..
Community Manager

Hello allanford
I found that Talend has a schedule facility which generates a CRON type file (but doesn?t actually do the running of the scheduled task).

The cron file is only available for crontab command on linux OS, if you use windows OS, you can use Windows Task Scheduler or other tools, as imene suggested, you can download the Solway's Task Scheduler from this URL : http://www.softforall.com/Utilities/System/Solways_Task_Scheduler09140208.htm.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: talenddemosja

Please see the same 6050.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

hello allanford, the error comes from an old Jdk. the run.bat script generated when you export the job script assumes you have a java environment variable. If you have different Java jdk's installed it could happen that the wrong jdk is invoked by the script (for example the 1.4 instead of the 1.6). You should modify the auto-generated .bat script and substitute the java command with the full path ( for example: c:/Programs/Java/jdk1.6/bin/java) of your jdk.
A correction to above command is as per
?C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_05/bin/java.exe? -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/advancedPersistentLookupLib.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/commons-collections-3.2.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc12-8i.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java/ojdbc14-10g.jar;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/workspace/.Java/classes;C:/TOS-Win32-r24830-V3.1.1/lib/java; talenddemosjava.copy_of_transfer_dbmap_spd_mth_prod_to_ppdm_0_1.Copy_of_Transfer_dbMap_SPD_MTH_PROD_to_PPDM --context=Default
I found that I could use windows scheduler (with a startin directory of ?C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.6.0_05/bin/" not sure if this is important
This works fine but I have no idea if this is the best way ..
It is also possible to export the Talend process as Autonomous Job, Axis WebService (.WAR or ZIP), JBoss ESB.
Offers choice of Unix / Windows shell launcher ..
I haven?t worked out how to use these exported items once they are generated however ..
I tried running the bat file but got this message:
va/copy_of_transfer_dbmap_spd_mth_prod_to_ppdm_0_1/Copy_of_Transfer_dbMap_SPD_MT
H_PROD_to_PPDM (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
I'll try some other things .. Will post again if I work out what I'm doing..
One Star

Hi, I'm payed attention to one courios.It's happend when I started jobs from bat.file
Used TOS V4.2.0M2(win)
1.I'm run jobs from TOS, then created classes in directory H:\.Java\Project\classes and it's OK!
2.I'm close TOS and classes in directory H:\.Java\Project\classes exists! OK!
3.I'm run jobs from my bat file and it cooperate with H:\.Java\Project\classes exists! OK!
4.I'm open TOS and run any jobs from TOS, then DELETED classes in directory H:\.Java\Project\classes and it's BAD!Because in next run of bat file I get error message as "ClassNotFound"
Six Stars

How a job is supposed to run if you remove the code?
One Star

You suppose that code removed after TOS closed? Surprized! Pay attention to $2
2.I'm close TOS and classes in directory H:\.Java\Project\classes exists! OK!

How I can rule it?