using context varible in the toracleoutput edit schema

Five Stars

using context varible in the toracleoutput edit schema

Hi ,

I'am trying to update a column in a table but this column is defined by a context variable.
The problem is that when executin my job the context variable is not recognized.it concider "context.nomColumn" as a column in a table.
Any help plz?

135430_context.PNG

Nine Stars

Re: using context varible in the toracleoutput edit schema

Please provide more details on this. What is your requirement and what you are trying to do in job. If possible job screen shot.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Thirteen Stars

@himateja,since you cannot call context variable in schema.when you do Ctrl+Space in the specific place if you get then you can specify the context variables else you could not. As per your requirement you need to go with different approach.so please explain the requirement.

Manohar B
Five Stars

Hi,

i need to develop job for bulk update operations for multiple tables so I a thought of using context variables so we can say what table for Talend to pick up and what columns to pick up and which column to update in the table.  But in tamp we cannot use context values to column names and in Toracle op also in scheme we cannot use context variables in dB column name space?

how can we achieve this

Thirteen Stars

@himateja,are you going to have same column in all tables and update the same coulmn?

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars

Thirteen Stars

Five Stars

hi,

but if we use toraclerow it will impact performance since it will update every row.we cant commit like 10000 to 100000 colums right?

Thirteen Stars

@himateja,tOraclerow will work in how DB Query will work,since you can call the commit statement after Insert/Update query.

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars

@himateja,did it help you?

Manohar B