One Star

used oracle partition with variable on Talend Data Integration

Hi xdshi,
I'm new on Talend and I would like to query a Big Oracle Table by using partition name with variable
How I can do that.
thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES

Re: used oracle partition with variable on Talend Data Integration

Hi,
Is there any case/example for your requirement? More information will be preferred.
Here is related forum about oracle partition Forum 29854:Manage Partition/Truncate Partition
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I want to run this below query on Talend by using variable instead of putting the name of the partition:
select * from USAGE partition (D20131211_USG)
how it's possible ?
thanks
One Star

for example how I can proceed if I need to query the table partition per partition and insert the data to another table in
Talend Data Integration
Seventeen Stars

This is actually not the way how to retrieve data from a partitioned table. You should select the main table with a where clause which use the partition criteria (mostly a date or something like that). I would never try to address a partition directly because you do not have any advancement from it. Oracle take immediately the correct partition of you use a matching where clause.
If you try to address the partition directly you have to know what partitions exists and iterate over them. You would do a task what Oracle can do much better and more reliable.