[urgent] Having error In tHiveLoad component

Five Stars

[urgent] Having error In tHiveLoad component

I am trying to load one file from my desktop to hive table using tHiveLoad but unable to load it due to below error. 
i am able connect using connection 
i checked "local" option from tHiveLoad component. 
load is Append. 
Exception in component tHiveLoad_1
java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero code: 10028, cause: FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:23 Path is not legal ''D:/home/MyFile.csv'': Source file system should be "file" if "local" is specified

am i missing something? 
One Star

Re: [urgent] Having error In tHiveLoad component

Local means local to your Linux partition for the namednode or edge node you use.
The file has to be either in HDFS or the file system of your Hadoop cluster (i.e named node).
I suggest you to use tHDFSPut to bring the file in HDFS and then call you tHiveLoad (without local).
Or you can our Sqoop connectors or tHDFSOutput if you want to stream rather than dump your content in HDFS.
Hope it helps.
Best regards
One Star

Re: [urgent] Having error In tHiveLoad component

Hi,
  I'm facing the same exception as shown below. I'm using talend big data VM (5.6.1) on CDH5.2. Please help.
I'm using tHDFSPut to copy the file to a hdfs directory and on sub job completion executing the tHiveLoad. HDFS put is working but the tHiveLoad is failing with the exception below.
Query returned non-zero code: 10028, cause: FAILED: SemanticException : Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/cloudera/sabre/hive/midt_daily_capture/20160104'': Move from: hdfs://quickstart.cloudera:8022/user/cloudera/sabre/hive/midt_daily_capture/20160104 to: hdfs://quickstart.cloudera:8020/user/hive/warehouse/test_capture/cap_dt=20160104 is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
Regards
Biswajit