unhandled event loop exception java heap space

One Star

unhandled event loop exception java heap space

Hi,
I have a xlsx file with around 200,000 records which I am loading through following steps :
metadata > File Excel > create file excel
But I am getting the following exception :
"unhandled event loop exception java heap space"
I also increae the heap size using following steps :
window > preferences > talend > run/debug
Xms2048
Xmx4096
Still i am getting same exception.
My machine configuration is RAM size 4GB, 64 bit OS (Windows 7), and I am using Jaspersoft ETL Express (5.0.2.r78327).

Re: unhandled event loop exception java heap space

Hi,
Is it normal when you just use tFileinputexcel component instead? Put the local file path in file name/stream.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi,
I am getting same error while using tFileinputexcel,
I also used the components tFileExcelSheetInput and tFileExcelWorkbookOpen but error still persist.
Thanks and Regards
Neeraj Benjwal

Hi,
The exception with the error message you have here means that java has reached its maximum memory setting, yet it needs more.
Please see these articles on talend help center.
Exception Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Allocating more memory to the Talend Studio
window > preferences > talend > run/debug

This process will allocate more memory for the studio . For your case, you should do it on a specified job.
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Note that window > preferences > talend > run/debug has no effect on creating the metadata. For that, you need to edit the .ini file that matches the .exe you use to run the studio.
Five Stars

Hello,

Instead of Loading/Scanning large excel file take 10-20 records for schema of that file after imported the file change the location to your large excel file and change -Generation mode to "Less memory consumed for large excel(Event mode) in  "tFileInputExcel" component Advanced settings.

Hope it will work.

Thanks.

Seven Stars

Hi,
For 2,00,000 records, it shouldn't throw this error. How many columns do you have in your excel ?
Also you can execute your job in batches of 1 lac using tloop component and putting the values in Headers and footers.

Best Regards,
Abhishek