unable to unzip zipx file with tFileUnarchive component

Four Stars

unable to unzip zipx file with tFileUnarchive component

I have a job I am working on where I need to go get a large zip file (.zipx format), save it to a shared windows network drive location, unzip the file, then load it to a SQL database. When I run the first part of the job where I copy the zipx file over to the shared drive location, the file get moved over no problem, but I get the following warning when the tFileUnarchive component runs and the file does not get unzipped to the designated location:

unsupported feature method 'PPMD' used in entry USA18.txt

fyi USA18.txt is the name of the output text file. I looked all over the internet and can’t find anything about this error or even about zipx and whether it is compatible with the tfileunarchive component. I have unzipped the file using winzip and had no issue. The rest of the job runs fine but I am stuck unless I can figure out how to perform the unzip operation. I am using Talend Open Studio 7.0.1 on a windows 10 laptop. If there is a way around this using another component or other work around, I am happy to try it. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

-Dylan

Eleven Stars

Re: unable to unzip zipx file with tFileUnarchive component

Can you  load latest version of  commons-compress-*.jar (1.17 or 18) and load it with tLibrary load . 

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-compress/download_compress.cgi

and try .

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR
Four Stars

Thank you for your suggestion! I downloaded commons-compress-1.18.jar and used a tLibraryLoad component to load it then trigger the tFileUnarchive component to try to unzip it. However, I am getting the same error message as before:

unsupported feature method 'PPMD' used in entry USA18.txt

Tags (1)
Eleven Stars

You might have to do some java coding.

Or call winzip command using tsystem

http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html

Regards
Abhishek KUMAR

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download