unable to import jobs exported from one project into another

One Star

unable to import jobs exported from one project into another

I have this weird issue wherein i am not able to import the jobs exported from one project into SOME other project(s). I get an error message: "Cannot import item Job Designs ...... UseOracleSIDsAsDefaultOracleTypeMigrationTask"
The same exported archives work fine in when i extract and run the shell script. I am also able to import the jobs into some other projects.
Attached is the screen shot of the issue. Please help, I am struggling with this here for the past couple of days.
Community Manager

Re: unable to import jobs exported from one project into another

Hello
Which version of TOS do you export the job? Note that Talend products is forward compatible, that means you can migrate a project/job from old version to a new version, in contrast, it is not avaliable.
Best regars

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I am using version 2.4.2
But, the issue is that I am not able to import the jobs into other projects in the same installation of talend.
- Ramesh
Community Manager

Hello
But, the issue is that I am not able to import the jobs into other projects in the same installation of talend.

It is not normal, migrating job between the same installation of talend should be ok.
How do you export your job? To export a job, right click on the job name in repository viewer and select 'export items' option.
If the problem still exists, it should be a bug. TOS2.4.2 is very old version, the latest version is TOS3.2.1.
Best regards

shong
One Star

If the problem still exists, it should be a bug. TOS2.4.2 is very old version, the latest version is TOS3.2.1.
Best regards

shong

Hi,
I am sure that I am exporting the correct way.
We have some custom components built for 2.4.2, so stuck with it for now.
Any idea what is this DefaultOracleTypeMigrationTask?
When creating one project, I got a message "Using Oracle as default db for ...." and the jobs import fine into that project. Not able to do the same for other projects.
Thanks,
Ramesh
Community Manager

Hello
Any idea what is this DefaultOracleTypeMigrationTask?
When creating one project, I got a message "Using Oracle as default db for ...." and the jobs import fine into that project. Not able to do the same for other projects.

The migration task is writed by Talend developer, it ensure the projects/jobs migrated from the old version are compatible with current version. So, you will always see some messge about migration task when you open the project for the first time, it is normal.
Anyway, you can import the job successfully now. here I show you a way to import forcibly the job if you meet the problem again, copy the two files: *.item and *.properties, go to Navigator-->yourProjectName-->process and paste them.
Best regards
shong