One Star

unable to convert Numeric field to a date.

Hi I am trying to convert an integer to a date format using tMap but I keep getting errors.
I am importing a csv file and one of the fields is a date field stored as a number. The first 4 numbers is the year the next 2 numbers the month and the last 2 numbers the day.
E.g. 20130607 would be June 7th of year 2013. I want to convert the number to a date format as follows 07/06/2013.
At moment I can't even cast to a date format. I tried TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd",myDate) but I get the error 'myDate cannot be resolved to a variable'?
3 REPLIES

Re: unable to convert Numeric field to a date.

Hi,
For your case, what's the input source? I think it should be row1.myDate? In addition, the method formatDate(String, Date). I think you should TalendDate.parseDate(String pattern, String stringDate) method into consideration.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Great thank you. I was trying to cast an int to a Date in the destination table, but I can see in your example you set the Date format in the source data. Many thanks.

Hi,
If you want to convert Int to Date, please refer to this forum Forum 10783
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.