Four Stars

txmlmap - create empty element function does not exist

So, I have an XML master file and some daily files who should have the same structure (schema).
I created the structure according to the master, but when trying to load the daily files, the job failed and I suspect it has to do with some rows in the daily file that look like this - <DenialReason xsi:nil="true"/>. 

My assumption was (after long long googling and pls correct me if I'm wrong) that I need to allow empty cells, 
but the option does not exist in the output options. 

pls advise. Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: txmlmap - create empty element function does not exist

Four Stars

Hey,

I think I'm facing a different problem and also, it does not explain why I'm missing this option in the output side of the txmlmap (as shown in my post).
I don't wish to set a default value for the attribute, but rather to allow it to insert data or leave it blank, as it comes from the XML file. 
That's why I thought perhaps allowing empty cells could resolve it. 

I'm not sure if it is a relevant info, but my job (which probably could be designed in much efficient way, but I'm still learning) looks like this -  

image.png

tnx. 

Smiley Happy

Twelve Stars

Sorry, I think you may be right. I may have seen your problem from the wrong perspective. Do you get an error at all? Can you post it? It sounds like this may be to do with column configurations where you require a value. Do you get a NullPointerException by any chance?

Rilhia Solutions