Five Stars

tsqoopimport ignores additional arguments with Java API option

Hi all,

when using the component tsqoopimport with Java API option, it seems that the additional arguments are ignored.
I need to import data from sqlserver to a hive table that I've already created. For that, in the additional arguments tab I set the options "hive.import" and "hive.table.name"--->"default.table_name", but the import is not writing data in the location where the hive table that I created is pointing to.
It also seems that no other argument is being read since it doesn't matter what you introduce as argument (for example, I try to introduce an argument that I know doesn't exist), the import doesn't display an error and it ends up okey.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES

Re: tsqoopimport ignores additional arguments with Java API option

Hi,

Could you please indicate what's build version you are using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I'm using TOS BigData 6.3.1 with HDP 2.5

Regards

Hi,

Are your arguments supported by the Sqoop client?

Could you please show us your tsqoopimport component setting screenshot? Are you using value: "\"" in the argument field of advanced settings?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Is there a bug with the value "\"" in the argument field of advanced settings for this component?

I am struggling with this value as argument field since a week and didn't find a solution.

The related discussion if you have any answer to this :

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/tSqoopImport-additional-arguments-working-par...

Thanks