Four Stars

tsput access denied for SSE as AWS:KMS

HI,

We are getting access denied when putting file using ts3put .But when I copy file to S3 bucket with command line it is successful.we have SSE as aws:kms but if i ticked server side encryption in ts3put it uses only AES256 encryption.

3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: tsput access denied for SSE as AWS:KMS

This is a known feature request.  We do not have that feature for SSE-KMS right now on the S3Put component.  We will be adding it in the future though since there is a lot of request around it for also Hadoop systems that uses S3 as their storage as per https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TFD-1755

Can you contact our Talend support team to capture this feature request for you so that we can prioritise it?

Employee

@iburtally I can see that feature request will be implemented in spring 2018. Do we have any known workaround to enable the server-side configuration for KMS as well?

Employee

@prevalkar I do not know any workaround to this with existing components. You can maybe import the AWS libraries and write some Code Routine in Talend to do the same logic.  However, I have not tested it.  AWS Java libraries are well documented.  Be careful about conflict of libraries though.  Talend package a particular set of AWS libraries which have well tested with all other components of the product, even in Spark Batch and Spark Streaming.  Introducing a new version of libraries can cause side effects, and you would not want that (especially if you end up with 2 version of AWS libraries in the same job).

Better to wait for the feature in Spring release, if you can.  It is only 2 months away.