tsput access denied for SSE as AWS:KMS

Four Stars

tsput access denied for SSE as AWS:KMS

HI,

We are getting access denied when putting file using ts3put .But when I copy file to S3 bucket with command line it is successful.we have SSE as aws:kms but if i ticked server side encryption in ts3put it uses only AES256 encryption.

Employee

Re: tsput access denied for SSE as AWS:KMS

This is a known feature request.  We do not have that feature for SSE-KMS right now on the S3Put component.  We will be adding it in the future though since there is a lot of request around it for also Hadoop systems that uses S3 as their storage as per https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TFD-1755

Can you contact our Talend support team to capture this feature request for you so that we can prioritise it?

Employee

@iburtally I can see that feature request will be implemented in spring 2018. Do we have any known workaround to enable the server-side configuration for KMS as well?

Employee

@prevalkar I do not know any workaround to this with existing components. You can maybe import the AWS libraries and write some Code Routine in Talend to do the same logic.  However, I have not tested it.  AWS Java libraries are well documented.  Be careful about conflict of libraries though.  Talend package a particular set of AWS libraries which have well tested with all other components of the product, even in Spark Batch and Spark Streaming.  Introducing a new version of libraries can cause side effects, and you would not want that (especially if you end up with 2 version of AWS libraries in the same job).

Better to wait for the feature in Spring release, if you can.  It is only 2 months away.  

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads