I got a requirement where I want to create Folder On the RunTime using Talend. I am using ts3BucketCreate. I have attached my Path in snapshot. Now Upto BRANDEXTRACT it is been created already. After that I want to create Folder in Runtime. But job is giving error as like Bucket name must not be formatted as an IP Address. But I can manually create any folder with any Name in Cloudberry Explorer using the same s3 AccessKey and SecretKey. I got this below conventions. Is it really impossible to create Folders inside a s3 Path?
Solved! Go to Solution.
You've given the answer below.....
- Bucket names should not contain underscores
- Bucket names should be between 3 and 63 characters long
- Bucket names should not end with a dash
- Bucket names cannot contain adjacent periods
- Bucket names cannot contain dashes next to periods (e.g., 'my-.bucket.com' and 'my.-bucket' are invalid)
- Bucket names cannot contain uppercase characters
Take a look here as well: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/BucketRestrictions.html
"You cannot create a bucket within another bucket."
Why would you want to? You can emulate folders. For example, you can have buckets name like this....
Technically the buckets are not within each other, but you can work with them as if they are.
The error "Bucket name must not be formatted as an IP Address" is an AWS error. I would contact AWS for support on this if you are not passing an IP address.
Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.
Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.
Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.