trun.bat doesn't run in Talend ESB

One Star

trun.bat doesn't run in Talend ESB

Hi,
I have installed Talend ESB in my system. as per the instruction I am trying to start the container by running the trun batch file as specified in the manual. when I run it in the command prompt, it gives an error saying "The system cannot find the path specified". Did I miss to set any environment variable?
Another Question: I have to consume a Web service developed in SAP. I could find any example to consume a Web service in Talend ESB that is not deployed in Talend. can you please provide me with the example if it is available? If not please let me know the procedure with this post.
Thanks in advance!
Kalyani

Re: trun.bat doesn't run in Talend ESB

Hi,
For your first issue, is it working when you start it by manual? Go to <Talend-Runtime-Installation-Path>container\bin, click trun.bat file directly.
Another Question: I have to consume a Web service developed in SAP. I could find any example to consume a Web service in Talend ESB that is not deployed in Talend. can you please provide me with the example if it is available? If not please let me know the procedure with this post.

For your requirement, please check component tESBConsumer.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
When I run trun.bat, the console shows "could not find the file specified" and fades away. What could be the issue?
And also I am using Windows 8.0 and even on setting JAVA_HOME from environment variables simply writing "java" in the cmd prompt it shows "java is not a recognized file .....".
One Star

Hi,
1. please make sure you have the JAVA_HOME set properly, the incorrect JAVA_HOME (or with quotes) is most probably your case
2. open a command line prompt (from windows, not by clicking the trun.bat), go to the container directory and run bin\trun.bat. In this case if something fails, the command widow won't disappear and you can provide an error message
Gabriel
One Star

And about the SAP services - if it's a reasonably done and structured web service, you can import the WSDL into the Talend Studio and use it, regardless it's remote or local. Please follow tutorials and experiment a little bit, step-by-step Smiley Happy
One Star

Hi All,
I am also facing the same issue, I have set the JAVA_HOME=installing directory of /jvm/jvm170_64/jre/bin/javaw.exe in the environmental variable.when i am trying to run the trun.bat using the following command prompt ends with the below error.
F:\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin>trun.bat
trun.bat: Ignoring predefined value for KARAF_HOME
The system cannot find the path specified.
Did i miss any configuration before running this command.please explain the procedure.
Thanks & Regards,
Harish Babu.M

Hi 4harish,

What's your OS and JDK? Have you checked document about TalendHelpCenter:Installation requirements to set your java Environment variable?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply..
I am using windows 7 OS 64 bit and JDK 1.8 .I have set the environmental variable of JAVA_HOME ="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_11\bin" and also i tried using like this(using absolute path ..if the folder name has space ) C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_11\bin.
Is JAVA_HOME is one which i need to set in the environmental variable or do i need to do any other set up to run the container .
please let me know if i would have miss anything while in configuring the environmental variables and let me know the commands to run this trun.bat which is available in F:\Runtime_ESBSE\container\bin in my system.
NOte:  Except the Container all other services like Zookepper and activemq are working fine.
Thanks & Regards,
Harish.M

Hi Harish.M,
So far, talend don't support for JAVA 8. Please see KB article TalendHelpCenter:Java 8 Support
Could you please downgrade your JDK 1.8 into JDK 1.7 or JDK 1.6 to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

HI Sabrina,
Thanks for your reply..
the problem is in setting JAVA_HOME...i have set the JAVA_HOME till the C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_11\bin..but i suppose to give till this C:\PROGRA~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_11.
Please let me know..how could i bind this container to this studio to run the services.
Thanks & Regards,
Harish Babu.M

Hi,
So far, talend don't support for JAVA 8. Please see KB article TalendHelpCenter:Java 8 Support
Could you please downgrade your JDK 1.8 into JDK 1.7 or JDK 1.6 to see if this issue repro?

Have you checked your JDK version?
Best regards
Sabrina
--