tpostgresSCD or any SCD component: How to get 'Y' or 'N' instead of 't' or 'f' on Active record??

Six Stars

tpostgresSCD or any SCD component: How to get 'Y' or 'N' instead of 't' or 'f' on Active record??

Hi,

I'm using tpostgresSCD  and I'm using current record indicator option for SCD2.

Its working fine but, In the target I get 't'(true) or 'f'(false), the requirement needs 'Y' or 'N' for that column. Can I hard code it anywhere?

Regards,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars

Re: tpostgresSCD or any SCD component: How to get 'Y' or 'N' instead of 't' or 'f' on Active record??

The other way ,while creating a report,you can derive Y & N based on Boolean value which you loaded.
Manohar B

All Replies
Thirteen Stars

Re: tpostgresSCD or any SCD component: How to get 'Y' or 'N' instead of 't' or 'f' on Active record??

@newbie_496, Since you cannnot hard code but as part of work arround you can do in tPostJob need to update from t to Y and f to N in tPostgresqlrow.

Manohar B
Thirteen Stars

@newbie_496,still do you have issue.

Manohar B
Six Stars

yes, the output of the tpostgresqlscd active records is Boolean, now I can't pass the character values "Y" or"N"

Six Stars

@manodwhb yes, the output of the tpostgresqlscd active records is Boolean, now I can't pass the character values "Y" or"N"

Thirteen Stars

@newbie_496,since you cannot pass Y and N,as part of work around you create a new column in table and mark Y or N based on the boolean coumn in tPostJob if you needed.

Manohar B
Six Stars

@manodwhb thanks, but this not a quality design as per the table is considered.

The user may get confused.

any ways thanks for the input.

Thirteen Stars

The other way ,while creating a report,you can derive Y & N based on Boolean value which you loaded.
Manohar B
Highlighted
Six Stars

Sure, We are considering this option for now.

Thank you!

Thirteen Stars

Please accept the solution,which one is help and also provide Kudos.
Manohar B