tmySqlInput in Big Data Batch

Six Stars

tmySqlInput in Big Data Batch

Hi, I am working on Talend Big Data Batch process. Where I need to connect aurora DB and I am using tmySQLInput component as input and my requirement is to join multiple tables as a single query and output the rows. But I am getting error like below and  it is working with one single table. Is there any limitation that multiple tables cant be used in one single tmysqlinput. Please let me know

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE 1=0'

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: tmySqlInput in Big Data Batch

Does tmysqlinput support Join Query?

All Replies
Six Stars

Does tmysqlinput support Join Query?

Hello,

The tmysqlinput component supports Join Query. What does your custom join query look like? On which talend build version you got this issue?

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-6499

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks for your reply. I am able to find the solution to use the query using MysqlInput in Talend job

Hello,

We will appreciate it a lot if you could post your solution on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

sure. When you work on Standard mode you can write the multiple table join query in the "query" layer. But in Big data, you cannot add the join query in "query" mode. So, in tMySQLInput compoenent, in Advanced layer, you have to add the configuration setting like "dbtable" -> "sqlquery"