Seven Stars

/tmp folder - Karaf runtime - full

I have a RESTFul service deployed on Linux as a service setup under Karaf runtime container (with wrapper feature to capture console output). Lately, I am seeing that the /tmp folder is containing a few folders like... I checked within each folder and lots of small files are there which contain the POST data which is coming (I believe).

Does the Karaf container write data to /tmp first? It is eating up logs of space. Is there a setting I can change that to write to a different folder?

Also, I do not seem to find these in windows (c:\windows\temp)... 

Thanks!

cxf-tmp-2244410554326825871
cxf-tmp-2813384627240434407
cxf-tmp-2833653181812160889
cxf-tmp-7808539201837668733
cxf-tmp-9069797676147406817
cxf-tmp-94398361504487567

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: /tmp folder - Karaf runtime - full

On Windows servers we have the same issue only the files are located in ??/AppData/Local/Temp, forgot the exact path. Also found some posts revering to this as a solved issue, which is related to parallel processing in webservices. So there is no harm in removing the old files, should be done also when the runtime stops according to a post. To be on the save side we only remove the files older than one month.
Seven Stars

so it needs to be handled manually?
Six Stars

That was for now our solution to it, we found this issue last week.
Seven Stars

ok, my challenge is that on Linux, our /tmp folder is very small. so, I will need to purge data every day. I am looking for a configuration to set the /tmp folder to use.
Six Stars

Ah, but you have at least some decent scripting options, which can run as a cron job. Grabbing the age of an file and if that is more than one day remove it. The filenames start with a fixed part so they are easy to find.