tmap join with multiple objects

One Star

tmap join with multiple objects

Hi,
I have a input positional file which contains multiple fields. I need to use some of the fields from the file to query the salesforce objects and the resultset of the salesforce query needs to be fed to the tMap as a lookup. The positional file with be "main" connection and the outputs from all salesforce objects will be a lookup. The output of the tMap will be updating a Salesforce object.
However, when I right click on the salesforce objects and select "main" row to connect to the tMap, I am not allowed to do so. The connection line disappears (talend is not allowing to use the salesforce object outputs as lookup).
Can some one help me to acheive this? Please see the picture below. I have shown the whole job as the first picture and second picture mentions how I am querying the salesforce object. The other salesforce objects have similar queries and their schema are edited to match the SOQL queries.
The tJavaRow is used to assign the fields from the input file to context variables that can be used in salesforce object for querying.
Thanks,
Balaji.
One Star

Re: tmap join with multiple objects

Hi
You cannot use an output component for tMap join,Have the use input component
One Star

The salesforce components are input components only, not output component.
Thanks,
Balaji.
One Star

Hi
I can see the tSaleforceInput and tSaleforceOutput component in my talend.
Can you tell me which version u are using
I am able to join the tSaleforceInput with tMap as lookup
One Star

I was able to acheive this using the following setup.
tFileInputPositional ==> tFlowToIterate ==> tJavaFlex ==> tSalesforceInput ==> tMap.
However, the performance is a total killer in this case. To process just 100 records, it took more than 5 minutes. So, I ended up with a different design for the job.
Thanks,
Balaji.