Seven Stars

tlogrow not showing all records

Hi Talend folks,

In my excel have 665 rows are there. I imported that excel file for metadata. Then used tFileInputExcel connected to tlogrow. When I ran it shows only 608 rows.

Screenshot (989).png

7 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: tlogrow not showing all records

Can you show us your Excel component's configuration please? Bot the standard and advanced tabs

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

standard and advanced tabs screenshots.

Screenshot (992)_LI.jpgScreenshot (994).png

Twelve Stars

Nothing seems out of the ordinary there. Have you checked the content that is being printed by your tLogRow? Do you notice any missing rows? Sometimes (although not often these days) the row stats can be out (on the workspace...when viewed using the AMC stats they are correct). Can you check this and see what is actually being printed to your output? You can check the the number of rows output by connecting a tJava to your tFileInputExcel with a OnSubJobOk link. The use the code below to print the number of rows to your output...

System.out.println("Rows = "+((Integer)globalMap.get("tFileInputExcel_1_NB_LINE")).intValue());

Rilhia Solutions
Ten Stars

Is it possible rows are being rejected by the input component? Connect the Reject flow from the input file to a log or file component to see if some rows don't conform to the schema.
Seven Stars

Hi @cterenzi

Yes you are correct. some rows don't conform to the schema in my excel. How to find and solve the problem?

Hi,

What does your rejected rows look like when you connect the Reject flow from the input file to a log or file component? Did you set any length or precision in your schema setting?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

Please check the NB_Line function of a component to print number of lines processed.

And also check the output rows and compare with the source to identify which records are missing.

Thanks,

Bharath.