tlogcatcher, tsendmail for a sequence of jobs?

Five Stars

tlogcatcher, tsendmail for a sequence of jobs?

Hi,

I have a job as shown above. My requirement is as follows
In case a single child job fails, I want the reason for failure to be captured and sent in an email to a list of people.
1. Should I add Tdie, tlogcatcher, tsendmail to every child job in the above sequence of jobs?  I would also want the execution of the rest of the jobs to halt and not proceed in case of any error.
2. Would it possible to add the above mentioned components inside the child jobs?
3. In some of the cases on the internet, I observed that on error there is a direct link to tsendmail and no tlogcatcher used. My understanding was the error must be caught by tlogcatcher and then connect a tsendmail to tlogcatcher. Is my understanding incorrect?
Help on these would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Rathi

Re: tlogcatcher, tsendmail for a sequence of jobs?

Hi,
You can add tlogcatcher component into your child job and send error email by email.
The work flow should be:tlogcatcher-->tsendmail
Here is an option "Die on child error" which will stop job if there is any error on child job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thank You for the response
In case there are no errors present, would the tlogcatcher component be triggered? 
My understanding was that tlogcatcher would capture any logs, so would it even send a mail in case of success?
Thanks 
Rathi

Hi,
tLogcatcher operates as a log function triggered by one of the three: Java exception, tDie or tWarn, to collect and transfer log data.
It cannot be triggered without java exception.
If you want to send an email for notifying a success job, you can use onsubjobok connector to trigger a tsendmail component directly.
The wok flow should be:
The main subjob:xxx-->xxx-->xxx
                               |
                       onsubjobok
                               |
                    tsendmail(In message body, give a notification like "The job works well with no error")

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.