One Star

tlogCatcher not catching Oracle error

Hi,
I have an oracle input that uses context variables for the connection info. I also have a tlogcatcher in the mapping but when I tested the oracle with a wrong password, the logcatcher did not catch the invalid password from the oracle component.
Any ideas?
11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: tlogCatcher not catching Oracle error

Hello
1)What's the error exception on console? if the password is wrong, it will throws an exception like this:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
and it should be catched by tLogCatcher.
2)Make sure you check the option 'catch the jave excepton'.
Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I have an strange problem now similar to the one of this thread.
tLogCatcher works catching an Oracle exception when I run my job inside Talend. But when I run the generated job scripts in a linux machine, the same error is not catched by tLogCatcher. That error is logged in a file and mailed correctly in Talend, but nothing happens when running the script in Linux.
Any help on this?
Community Manager

Hello
the same error is not catched by tLogCatcher. That error is logged in a file and mailed correctly in Talend, but nothing happens when running the script in Linux.

Please upload some screenshots of your job, so we could know what you are doing and point out the problem.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hello
the same error is not catched by tLogCatcher. That error is logged in a file and mailed correctly in Talend, but nothing happens when running the script in Linux.

Please upload some screenshots of your job, so we could know what you are doing and point out the problem.
Best regards
Shong

Found the problem. My fault. It's dangerous to play with many different computers and Java versions.
I had to set java 1.4 in that machine as default for some tests. So, not a good idea to run a Talend job with Java 1.4. The job could run fine with no errors, but when that oracle (on purpose) exception came in, tLogCatcher doesn't get along well with such an old java version...

Thanks for the interest,
cheers
Community Manager

Hello
. So, not a good idea to run a Talend job with Java 1.4. The job could run fine with no errors, but when that oracle (on purpose) exception came in, tLogCatcher doesn't get along well with such an old java version...

You are right, Talend requires sun JDK 1.5 or higher.
Best regards
Shong
Six Stars

Hello,
I have similar problem. I transfer data from MS SQL to Oracle database. In some cases there appears ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL message going from the tOracleOutput component. I want to log this message, but I am not able to catch it :-) of course I feel there is something stupid. But I don't experience Java exception such as jdbc errors, etc., but clear Oracle exception.
Here are images from my scenario:
see the errors

and tLogCatcher settings, where Java exceptions are enabled

Thanks for your help,
archenroot
Six Stars

Please any suggestion how to catch oracle error? tLogCatcher is not working as soon as there is no jdbc sql exception thrown in console, there appears only ora-error message, nothing more...
Thank you.
archenroot
Employee

Your tOracleOutput is configured to not send errors (die on error is not checked).
You have 2 options :
* check die on error in tOracleOutput
* link the tOracleOutput reject link to a tWarn
HTH,
Six Stars

Hello mhirt,
thank you very much for help. I will try it today and post some images about how did I propose it in my scenario.
Best regards,
archenroot
One Star

Hi
I want to use the tLogCatcher, tWarn, tLogRow and tDie on my Job when it get fails. Can anyone please provide help on this. How to use these error catching components with already define components. And i also want to send mail on error caught in the logs.
Thanks
Sunil

Hi Sunil,
Could you please open a new topic for your question/problem, it is more better for us to follow up your topic, because this topic is very old.
Thanks!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.