tloadlibrary and SFTP jcraft library file

When using the SFTP components with Talend the library ./plugins/org.talend.libraries.ftp_5.4.1.r111943/lib/jsch.jar is
normally used.
jcraft has a newer sftp jar file available jsch-0.1.51.jar. I am using tloadlibrary to load the jsch-0.1.51.jar into my project.
How do I ensure that when executing, that things related to SFTP are using jsch-0.1.51.jar library and not the jsch.jar library delivered with Talend?
Or, is there a way of eliminating the jsch.jar library from Talend?
Thanks
Peter
6 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: tloadlibrary and SFTP jcraft library file

As long as the new version is compatible with the generated code (ie. Doesn't change any interfaces,etc) you can just copy the new one and replace the old ones. I would just save the old one (backup), copy the new one in (restart studio) and test. If there are no issues, you should be good to go. I do this often to get specific bug fixes in third party libraries included with Talend. Make sure you clean your workspace of any cached versions of the old jar.
One Star

Hi,
I am experiencing the exact same issue and would like to know if switching out the jar helped/worked. 
Thanks
Am
Seventeen Stars

How can we know if it helps you. What does not work with the existing one?
One Star

Apologies, I should have elaborated. 
I am trying to resolve the issue with ftp connection failing intermittently. With the following exception.
(Exception in component tFTPPut_1
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: verify: false)
While looking for a solution, I came upon the following post:
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33495 by the owner of the current thread - one of the proposed solutions is to update the jsch.jar. 
My question was if, updating the jsch jar did indeed help the issue, because, when I tried to replace the original jsch.jar with version (0.1.5) in the  ./plugins/org.talend.libraries.ftp_5.4.1.r111943/lib/  directory, it caused the studio to hang trying to connect.
Please let me know if I should open a different thread with my question.
Thanks,
Am
One Star

Hello Am,
I am facing the same issue and am at the exact ssame position that you are. After the new jar file, the connection is stuck, when I kill the job it say "Kerberos username". With earlier version of jsch.jar I was able to connect but the connectioon dropped in between and was not trust worthy.
Talend guy or anyone who has a solution, please post. If we know the latest jsch.jar file compatible with talend, I will try that as well.
Waiting for reply. 
Thanks,
Rahul
Seventeen Stars

A good practice is to create a JIRA ticket with a detailed description whats wrong. Go to the bug tracker and create here the JIRA ticket for Studio+DataIntegration.