Five Stars

tjmsinput with IBM MQ

We want to use tjmsinput component to read the XML messages from IBM MQ queue.

I have below questions.

1) For the Module list -- do we need to upload any specific jar files for IBM MQ in Talend, if so from where i can get those jar files.

2) What will be the values in context provider & Connection Factory JNDI name? From where i can get those details?

Appreciate your help

Srini

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: tjmsinput with IBM MQ

We resolved the issue.

For Big Data job

1) Load all the required jars as tLibraryLoad

2) copy the bindings file to the cluster. In the JMS component give the path of the bindings file as file:///<filepath> in Server URL.

Thanks

Srini

5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Hi Talend Folks,

Please help me out regarding the issue i'm having with tJMSInput to connect to IBM MQ.

Thanks

Srini

Hi,

What's your IBM MQ server version? 7.0?

Please take a look at this component TalendHelpCenter:tMomInput which fetches a message from a queue on a Message-Oriented Middleware (MOM) system and passes it on to the next component.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks,

Our Talend Version is 6.4.

we want to use tJMSInput as there is no tMOMInput component  in Big Data Streaming job.

We looked at Talend Help on tJMSInput component, but could not figure out how to make connection work.

Is there any blog/steps/help which explains how to configure tJMSInput component like

1) are there any jars to be installed in talend for IBM MQ, If so what are those jar files?

2) Context Provider? 

3) JNDI Name?

Thanks

Srini

One Star

Hi Talend Folks,

Any help regarding this? Couldn't find sufficient documention/Step by Step procedure how to connect to IBM MQ from Talend.

Thanks

Srini

Five Stars

We resolved the issue.

For Big Data job

1) Load all the required jars as tLibraryLoad

2) copy the bindings file to the cluster. In the JMS component give the path of the bindings file as file:///<filepath> in Server URL.

Thanks

Srini