tjasperoutput in talend 6.1

One Star

tjasperoutput in talend 6.1

in talend 6.1 is impossible install, missing 3 tool:

barcode4j-2.1
itext-2.1.7.js2
jasperreports-6.1.0
i try to manual download one and one, and in appearance is right, but when i try to debug i have a lot of error

Exception in component tJasperOutputExec_1
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error compiling report java source files: C:\appl\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-20160113_1234-V6.2.0M1\euronics_1455631120004_495544.java C:\appl\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-20160113_1234-V6.2.0M1\euronics_PieChartDataset_1455631120004_495544.java .
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:105)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractClassCompiler.compileUnits(JRAbstractClassCompiler.java:74)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:212)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compile(JasperCompileManager.java:357)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:273)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:566)
at esercizio1.esercizio_10_t_jasper_0_1.esercizio_10_t_jasper.tJasperOutputExec_1Process(esercizio_10_t_jasper.java:332)

my friend have the old versione of talend and this component It is already installed.
why the new version of talend It worsened from the old one??
how can i do, to use this component?
Seventeen Stars

Re: tjasperoutput in talend 6.1

Try the component tJasperReportExec. It has much more features. The barcode libraries must be installed separately also here.
https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:gallery=marketplace%252F1&pi=marketplace%252...
Check out the documentation linked ins this page.
One Star

i try to use all tool on jasper in talend exchange but nothing 
Seventeen Stars

What nothing? What went wrong? I use these components in a lot of projects and I can tell you for sure they work!
One Star

i use you sad component, but get the same 12 problem
One Star

Exception in component tJasperOutputExec_1
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error compiling report java source files: C:\appl\TOS_DI-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\TOS_DI-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\Blank_A4_1455700984275_667595.java .
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:105)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractClassCompiler.compileUnits(JRAbstractClassCompiler.java:74)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:212)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compile(JasperCompileManager.java:357)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:273)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:566)
at local_project.dfds_0_1.dfds.tJasperOutputExec_1Process(dfds.java:332)
at local_project.dfds_0_1.dfds.runJobInTOS(dfds.java:609)
at local_project.dfds_0_1.dfds.main(dfds.java:466)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, Impossibile trovare il file specificato
One Star

now i don't have an error, but when i debug the file.pdf do not create
how to set the component?

Seventeen Stars

Hi Erryco,  you have misused a lot of settings. What about reading the documentation? You cannot blame a malfunction and do not invest any time to figure out he correct way to work with.
By the way: Locale is NOT location! Locale means country and language e.g. "en_UK" or "en"
Seventeen Stars

Here he link to the documentation - you would have found if you take a look at the exchange detail page:
http://jan-lolling.de/talend/components/help/tJasperReportExec.pdf
One Star

i read the documentation, but is possible convert csv in pdf???, because in the example it's use database connection and xml file 
Seventeen Stars

This component is NOT a converter. It renders a report and the source of this report could be a database table, or a xml file.
I mean a pdf file has a structure and layout - everything a csv file lacks. What is your idea how a csv file content should looks like in a pdf file? I have no idea what such a use case is good for.
You can convert a csv file content into a pdf with this steps:
1. Create a simple xml file from the csv file.
2. Use JasperStudio to create a report based on your xml file 
3. Run this report + the xml file in the mentioned component and get your report exported as pdf.
One Star

Hi Jlolling, Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I have done my job using MySQL Connections and the report PDF file was generated but in using hive connection, i have faced the below issue "No query execute factory registered for the "HiveQL" language.". Please suggest 
Seventeen Stars

HiveQL is not implemented. I can do this. I will check what is necessary to enable HiveQL. Stay tuned.
One Star

Did you found any solution on this. Meanwhile can you please share the possibilities or alternatives to achieve the "Jasper report execution with HQL query"