timestamp with BQ

One Star ddu
One Star

timestamp with BQ

Hello
I'm using MySQL as datasource to fill BigQuery Table
I've a field in MySQL define like Timestamp
When I try to upload data in a new table in Bigquery (using tmap) the field in bigquery is created as a string not like Timestamp.
I'm using talend BD 5.3.1
Thanks in advance for your help
Dan

Re: timestamp with BQ

Hi,
Due to the default one is "String". You can set the data type by yourselves. There is "Date" type in the drop down list.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I am also trying to import data into Google BigQuery and have the same problem. I select 'Date' in the schema drop down, but Talend always creates a table at BigQuery using STRING instead of TIMESTAMP as data type.
Whatever I do I can't get it to create tables on BigQuery using TIMESTAMP. I tried exporting to schema to XML and loading it like that, but to no avail. Right now I'm trying to convert the STRING date to TIMESTAMP using a Google BigQuery job, but it would be easier if Talend could do this.
Regards,
Wouter
Example output:
Done: {"configuration":{"load":{"createDisposition":"CREATE_IF_NEEDED","destinationTable":{"datasetId":"POC","projectId":"vex-poc-bigdata","tableId":"LML_TEST_5"},"fieldDelimiter":";","schema":{"fields":}, ...
One Star

is this resolved? I am having same issue with Talend BD 5.4.1
It is a defect.