One Star

thiveInput throws error on MR job

Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster
I an getting above when in run a MR job using thiveInput but the same query works fine in hive shell.
Sample query: select last_name from hivetest.users;
But the query select * works fine without an issues.
Is this any permission issue or configuration issue?
Thanks,
Anand.
9 REPLIES

Re: thiveInput throws error on MR job

Hi,
Could you tell us the build version are you using? What's your OS and JDK version? Did this studio work well before?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Java Version: java version "1.6.0_65"
Max OS X 10.9.2
Talend EnterPrise Big Data V5.4.1.r111943
This is the first time i am running the MR job in the tHIveInput, and Talend studio works fine for queries that are not MR jobs as I mentioned in the previous post.
Thanks,
Anand.

Hi,
What's your Hadoop version? Did you set YARN classpath in Hadoop?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hortonworks 2.1
Here is the property in yarn-site.xml
<property>
<name>yarn.application.classpath</name>
<value>/etc/hadoop/conf,/usr/lib/hadoop/*,/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/*,/usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/*</value>
</property>
~Anand.

Hi,
Hortonworks 2.1 is supported in talend v 5.5.0.
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28751.
Please refer to the Talend Open Studio for Big Data Installation and Upgrade Guide 54 TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems and databases.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Do you know when talend v 5.5.0 will be available?
Thanks,
Anand.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina.
I tested with Hortonworks V 2.0 and everything works fine.

Hi,
Our next release is scheduled for May / June.( talend open source 5.5.0/talend enterprise subscription 5.4.2).
I tested with Hortonworks V 2.0 and everything works fine.

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful for us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi anandajothim,
Talend Open Studio's 5.5.0 release is available
Please refer to Announcement forum http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=36341.
Best regards
Sabrina
--