the schema's dbType not correct for this component

One Star

the schema's dbType not correct for this component

Hi,
I have recently migrated a project onto a new laptop (no more memory issues now) and all of my tMSSqlInput components now have a warning - the schema's dbType not correct for this component. I have also updated from TOS 5.2.0 to TOS 5.2.2
The jobs seem to run ok, but I would like to make sure this is the case and I would ideally like to fix this issue.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Derek

Re: the schema's dbType not correct for this component

Hi,
The warning reminder you that you haven't set a DB type in schema yet. Certainly, for simple data type, it is not a big deal. But a complicate data type will encounter a problem when execute the whole job without setting a DB type.
The solution is that setting a DB type for your column in schema of DB input component.
see my pic
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina, that has fixed it up. How strange this was not an issue / warning previously...

Hi,
that has fixed it up. How strange this was not an issue / warning previously...

Thanks for your feedback. About the Waring, it has been newly added into recent version by talend UI developer for further job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Well that makes sense now.
I'm having trouble setting this topic as resolved - is it as simple as clicking on the link in the original post?
Cheers,
Derek

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting this topic as resolved - is it as simple as clicking on the link in the original post?

It is OK, I can do it for you. The " setting this topic as resolved " is as simple as clicking on the link in the original post.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Five Stars

Sabrina,
When I migrate jobs from 5.2.0 to 5.2.2, I am also getting these warnings. I am surprised that Guess Schema button will not populate these DB field types, at least it did not for me for MySQL/Infobright and MS SQL Server. When Guess Schema looks at the db to find the fields and field sizes shouldn't it find the db field types as well?
Thanks,
dg

Hi,
So far, Guess schema can access DB table and table structure, but can't get a data type to a DB type.
So you need populate the DB type by manual if needed.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Also- the "DB-type" column can be incompatible with the "Type" column.
In V5.2.0, I had a Type: String with DB-type: CHAR.
This did not generate a warning in 5.2.0, but it now does in 5.3.0 (which is good).